Firstly, hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th long weekend!! Secondly, in case you missed it on my Snapchat (@poshclassymom) and also previous post, I had a birthday celebration. For anyone curious about my age, which I never conceal, I just turned 36…..yes, 30+6!!….Which leads me to today’s inspiration – Age Is Just A Number!!! Before I begain, can we play a little game of GUESS HER AGE? Take a look at some of the photos below and try to guess each of these three lady’s age, noooo cheating!
Guess Her Age #1
Guess Her Age #2
Guess Her Age #3
Are you ready for the answers? #1=50, #2=46, #3=74!!! Did you get even close? So recently, I kept seeing this viral Post about a Chinese woman who looks better than most 20 year old girls but is actually 50 years old, a fitness fanatic and have an impressive track record of swimming across the straights of Malacca! See photos of Woman #1…yup, that is her body, albeit plus a few filters. And with her, there are an impressive number of ladies who look half or even a third their age viral across the internet space. Those ladies have worked hard to maintain their youthful bodies and more importantly, their mental and physiological state.
Just because as an adult woman we now have work and family obligations, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take care of our selves and our body. Even just 10 minutes of workout a day, be it walking, running, yoga, even meditating at your desk in the office can improve your overall state of mind. Bonus points for looking great while feeling good if you pick out some super cute workout outfits to motivate you to get your butt off the chair and get moving!!! Check out some of my favorite active wear brands that looks super cute, feels great on AND will get you in the mood to transform into the fit goddess hidden within you.
Beyond Yoga | Koral Activewear | Onzie | Splits59 | adidas by Stella McCartney | Solow | Live The Process
Tips for long term fitness success
1. Don’t limit yourself to any sports, you will likely burn out or get bored. Rotate between a few activities that you like or try something you’ve never done before for a fresh kick to your workout regime.
2. It’s ok if you don’t have a big block of time to do a full workout. Every little bit counts, 10 minute walk in the morning plus 15 minute yoga during lunch is a great because your muscle is in constant motion.
3. If you have kids, incorporate them into your routine. Stroll them out in the morning for a light jog, or ask them to do mommy and me yoga.
I am by no means near the fit and toned physique as these hot moms above, I find time here and there and do what I can. Yes, some of the photos are studio shots, quite possibly tweaked with Photoshop or filters, but those women live to their fullest potential and they are just ordinary women, not celebrities with personal trains or chefs to cook them healthy meals. I think we can all be a little inspired by them and try a little harder ourselves.
Photo: Leticia Prado
AND NOW FOR THE LINK-UP!
Thank you all for stopping by! Please take a moment to take a look at the etiquette before joining the fun:
1. Please link to a specific post, not your main blog page.
2. I ask that you kindly follow me on INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK
3. Since this is a linkup party, try to visit and comment on as many posts in the link as you can. Everyone likes a little compliments and encouragements. Spread the LOVE.
4. By linking up, you are giving me permission to feature your post.